Click Here for Requests for Proposals Questions related to:
- Seeking Consultant for Growth and Diversification Plan Update – Workforce/Talent Development Stakeholder Engagement
- Seeking Consultant for Growth and Diversification Plan Update – Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Planning
- Seeking Consultant for Growth and Diversification Plan Update – Regional Site Prioritization
GO Virginia is a business-led initiative focused on collaborative projects that bring high-paying jobs to the region.
The Virginia Initiative for Growth and Opportunity in each Region, known as GO Virginia, is a statewide initiative to create more higher-paying jobs in Virginia through business-led regional collaboration.
The Mary Ball Washington Regional Council governs GO Virginia Region 6, which covers the Fredericksburg area, the Northern Neck, and the Middle Peninsula (Planning Districts 16, 17, and 18).
The George Washington Regional Commission is the Support Organization and Fiscal Agent for the Regional Council.
What is GO Virginia's Purpose?
GO Virginia supports programs to create more high-paying jobs through incentivized collaboration between business, education, and government to diversify and strengthen the economy in every region of the Commonwealth.
The initiative is based on three main points:
- Virginia urgently needs strong private-sector growth. Federal cutbacks have exposed our over-dependence on public-sector jobs. Virginia needs strong private-sector growth and job creation.
- Growth in Virginia’s diverse regions requires collaboration. To grow and diversify our economy, business, education, and government must collaborate effectively in each region.
- State government must be a catalyst and partner. State government must provide incentives for strategic, job-focused collaboration in each region of the Commonwealth.
Check out our website to read about efforts to increase high paying jobs throughout Region 6 and Virginia.