Call to Action: Review Region 6 Growth and Diverisifcation Plan Draft Priorities
The Executive Committee of the Mary Ball Washington Regional Council – GO Virginia Region 6 met on September 13, 2021, from 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
From 9:30 AM to 10:30 AM the Executive Committee hosted a Stakeholder Engagement session in which participants were encouraged to make comments on Region 6’s Draft Priorities for their 2021 Growth and Diversification Plan update.
Comments can be emailed to Jennifer Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 540-642-1571.
From 10:45 AM to 12:00 PM the Executive Committee resumed their meeting. A summary of key agenda items are below:
- New Projects
- Region 6 approved funding for RIoT Pre-Accelerator Program ($96,807.00).
- Growth & Diversification Plan
- Region 6 staff presented the draft priorities for the Growth and Diversification Plan. The priorities are attached, and they are a working draft – changes are highly encouraged so please email us your thoughts, comments, and questions!
- Tom Chapman from Chapman and Company presented on entrepreneurship ecosystem development. Attached please find the Ecosystem Report presentation.
- The Committee discussed economic clusters. Attached please find a key article that was referenced in the discussion.
Questions or comments can be emailed to Jennifer Morgan at email@example.com or call 540-642-1571.