The Region 6 Council has been working diligently to assist in COVID-19 response. The Council has shortened application timelines, engaged community leaders, and held discussions around ways to utilize GO Virginia funding to combat the economic effects of COVID-19.
GO Virginia Region 6 has COVID-19 specific funding to be used to within the region to assist the Virginia economy in COVID-19 relief efforts. GO Virginia Region 6 encompasses PDCs 16, 17, and 18.
GO Virginia Region 6 is seeking applications that will:
- Help the region build capacity to support and serve existing businesses;
- Serve and expand priority traded sectors;
- Serve and expanded essential businesses, including the healthcare system and its supply chain;
- Sustain business operations through telework and other technology;
- Expand Broadband opportunities;
- Create systems to put workers back to work quickly within the new environment.